Since October is the month of all things pumpkin, I decided to try another take on my most pinned recipe, Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole. I added pumpkin butter, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin spice coffee creamer. The result was even better than the original.
This casserole is special enough for Thanksgiving Day breakfast, but easy enough for any morning of the week. The leftovers reheat wonderfully.
2 (12.4 oz) cans of refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing like Pillsbury (can use light cinnamon rolls)
1 3/4 c egg substitute like Egg Beaters (or 6 large eggs)
1/2 c pumpkin spice coffee creamer or half and half
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2/3 c pumpkin butter
2 tsp vanilla
1 c chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease an 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into 8 pieces and place in dish.
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg substitute or eggs, coffee creamer, vanilla, pumpkin butter and pumpkin pie spice. Pour over rolls. Give the whole thing a good stir. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10-15 minutes (if you can wait that long!!) Remove covers from icing and microwave 5-10 seconds or until it's the perfect consistency for drizzling.
- Drizzle icing over top. Serve with light syrup and powdered sugar.