As a mom with a new baby and a wild 3 year old, most nights require slow cooker meals, quick and easy meals or takeout. This yummy Mexican Pizza falls into the quick and easy category. The ingredients can even be prepped during naptime and assembled during the harried dinnertime rush when the little one is suddenly starving and the big one is entertaining himself by taste testing the playdough...
I love that this recipe is light and healthy too because I've got a lot of pregnancy cheeseburgers and milkshakes to lose. Unlike the Taco Bell version, nothing is fried and everything is as real, fresh and organic as you want it to be.
Whole wheat tortillas, homemade taco seasoning, ground chicken, refried beans, jalepeno slices and olives would all be perfect additions to this double decker pizza.
12 tortillas, small
1 lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning or your own seasoning
1/2 bottle taco sauce (I used Taco Bell brand.)
1 1/2 c Mexican cheese blend
1 tomato, seeded and diced
6 green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare ground beef as directed on taco seasoning packet.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Spray tortillas with butter flavored cooking spray. Heat tortillas in skillet on both sides until crisp. Place 6 on baking sheet and set the other six to the side.
- Divide taco meat between the 6 tortillas on the baking sheet. Sprinkle meat with half of the cheese or your can leave all of the cheese for the topping.
- Top meat/cheese with second tortilla.
- Spread 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons taco sauce over top tortilla.
- Top with tomatoes, cheese and green onions.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until hot and melty.
- Cut into wedges and serve.