But the best part... my toddler ate it. Did you get that? MY TODDLER ATE IT! We've struggled a lot with mealtime lately, but the kid loves Mexican rice. I chopped up the chicken, tomato and avocado, mixed it all together and he was a happy camper.
This was my first time trying Lawry's Baja Chipotle marinade and was amazing. I used a fork to poke lots of holes in my chicken so the marinade could seep into the chicken which worked like a charm.
Try this soon and you won't be disappointed. You friends and family will think you got take out from their favorite Mexican restaurant. ;)
Adapted from: Plain Chicken
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 bottle Lawry's Baja Chipotle marinade
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup uncooked long grain rice (not instant)
1 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp taco seasoning
2-3 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup Mexican Queso
Optional garnishes: chopped tomato, cilantro, avocado, green onion
- Pierce chicken all over with a fork and place in large zip top bag. Pour Baja Chipotle Marinade over chicken and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat grill and remove chicken from refrigerator so it can warm up .
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden. While rice is cooking, sprinkle with garlic salt and taco seasoning.
- Stir in onion flakes, tomato sauce and 2 cups chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, adding more broth if needed. Remove from heat and let set for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Grill chicken while rice is cooking.
- Heat cheese dip according to package directions and set aside.
- To serve, place a spoonful of rice on each plate. Lay a chicken breast on top and pour 1-2 tablespoons queso over chicken. Sprinkle with garnishes.