The key to this recipe is finding the puffed (hulless) corn. It's like a cheeto without the cheese and shaped to resemble popcorn. I believe the brand that we have in our area is Chester's and it's about t $2 a bag- super cheap. Actually, you'll probably want to get 2 bags because you won't want to share the first one. Yeah, it's that good.
I'll confess that I haven't made this yet. However, I totally intend to create a batch of this guilty pleasure by the week's end. I'll update then if I come across any helpful tips.
1 stick butter or margarine (don't use the light stuff)
1 c brown sugar
1/4 c light corn syrup
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 bag puffed (hulless) corn like Chesters
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Boil butter, sugar and corn syrup for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add baking soda and pour over puffed corn. Toss to coat.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheet and bake for one hour.
- When cool, store in an airtight container.