Making yummy, family friendly breakfasts doesn't mean you have to get up at the crack of dawn. This simple Monkey Bread recipe takes about 10 minutes to assemble, giving you more time to hang out with the kiddos, take a hot shower or drink another cup of coffee. It's also perfect for brunch.
The first time I made this I used salted butter because I love sweet and salty, but it was too salty even for me. There is plenty of salt in the biscuit to give you the perfect salt to sweet to ratio. Stick with unsalted butter and yes, I mean butter, not margarine. You could also use the light buttery baking sticks.
Serve it with fresh fruit and turkey sausage or turkey bacon to balance out your breakfast. Reheat leftovers in the microwave.
Adapted from: AllRecipes.com
1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 (16.3 ounce) cans Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2 chopped pecans or walnuts
1 c firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 c unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt style pan with cooking spray.
- In a zip top plastic bag combine sugar and cinnamon. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and place in bag. Shake bag to coat biscuits.
- Sprinkle half of nuts into pan. Top with half of the biscuits. Repeat.
- In a small saucepan melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Pour over biscuits.
- Bake 28-32 minutes or until browned and no longer doughy. If it starts to brown too soon, cover lightly with foil. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes and until turning onto serving dish.